Permissions

Domande, sondaggi e proposte per e dallo staff

Moderatori: Vice-Capo, Senior-Member, Capo, Leggende

Rispondi
Ospite

Hello!

My name is Maddy and a friend and I have recently started a small scan/translation group, 40m/s.

I came across your scans of Mobile Police Patlabor and we’d like to ask for your permission to translate and edit those scans and distrubute them for other english-speaking fans of the series. We only ever got two volumes officially released out here in the states and no one ever got far with the scanlations. It’s been many years since any updates.

We would of course provide credit for the scans and links back to here. All we’re doing is translating and editing. It would be really appreciated to have the ok, though it’s completely understandable if you say no.

Thank you for your consideration!
Wolf94
Manga preferito: Slam Dunk

Go ahead, there is no problem. ;)
But i have to inform you that that series wasn't scanlated by us, but by a guy named Luke who used to scan volumes of series published in Italy. So you should give the credits to him, altough he doesn't really have a website (he used to release his series on Emule). asd

Just a little curiosity of mine: are you going to translate from italian? 'Cause that is a bit unusual, since we usually are the ones who have to translate from english. asd
"Ogni volta che piazzi una pietra sul goban, stai esponendo qualcosa di te stesso. Non è un semplice pezzo di vetro, di conchiglia o di plastica. In quella pietra sono infusi i tuoi sentimenti, la tua individualità, la tua forza di volontà e, una volta giocata, non si può più tornare indietro. Su ogni pietra grava una grande responsabilità per il raggiungimento del tuo obiettivo."
- Cit. Kajiwara Takeo, 9° dan professionista di go

I cazzeggiatori della chat:
Immagine
L'ombroso, Master of Loli, Wolfman, L'illuminato e Mr. Rosa Shocking.

Vecchi avatar:
Spoiler:
Ospite

Thank you very much!

We are, yes. Initially we wanted to use the scans because the sound effects had been romanized and they were quite close to what they would be in english, which would save a lot of editing. However I noticed that it was also much easier to translate from the italian than from the japanese, so we've mostly been using the original version as a double-check. It's been working great so far :)
Rispondi

Torna a “Hasta Team”